ZenHaven is the 100% natural latex mattress offering from established mattress maker Saatva. Just like all mattresses on this site the ZenHaven is pure and simple with no polyurethanes, polyester fills or fabrics and no toxic fire retardants.
One defining feature of this mattress is the fact that it’s double sided. Each side has two different comfort levels so you can simply flip it depending on preference. More detail below –
Materials & Construction
The ZenHaven is made from;
- Three layers of 100% natural Talalay latex
- Wool padding natural fire barrier
- Quilted organic cotton cover
Here’s a full detailed breakdown of each layer;
100% Natural Talalay latex Layers
– Talalay Latex Support Cores
Two 3 inch layers of 100% natural Talalay latex make up the middle support cores
100% natural Talalay is just as natural as Dunlop latex except Talalay has two more steps in its production – vacuum sealing and flash freezing. The end result is a latex foam which is more consistent and able to be manipulated into a wider range of firmness levels – N1, N2, N3 and N4. The higher the rating the firmer the latex – the result of varying the density of the foam. (More on the difference between Dunlop and Talalay here)
One of the support layers is firm with an N4 rating and the other is soft with an N3 rating. This combination of soft and firm support cores give the mattress its flippable 2 in 1 ability when combined with the additional comfort layers.
– Talalay Latex Comfort Layers
On either side of both support layers are the outer comfort layers – each 1.5 inches thick.
Just like the support cores both comfort layers are made from 100% natural Talalay latex – but with different firmness ratings. The softer “luxury plush” layer is rated N1 and the “gentle firm” layer is rated N2.
In total there are four layers of 100% natural Talalay latex used in the mattress.
– Zoned Support
Looking at the comfort layers in the image above you’ll notice sections with different sized pin holes. This is ZenHavens patented 5 zone support system. The 5 zones provide different levels of support in strategic areas where required to keep the spine aligned.
Organic New Zealand Wool Layer
Both sides of the mattress are padded with 100% organic New Zealand wool. Because wool is naturally fire resistant this means that no toxic chemical fire retardants are necessary. The wool layer also provides additional comfort, breathability and moisture control.
Organic cotton cover
Everything is encased in a quilted organic cotton cover. The cover is not removable.
Made in America
The mattress is manufactured in the USA – even the latex foam is produced in America. Raw liquid rubber is tapped from sustainably harvested South American rubber trees and brought to the US where its turned into 100% natural Talalay latex foam.
Here’s what you’ll pay for the A=ZenHaven as of Dec 2018;
Twin XL $1,349
Cal King $2,499
- All Natural Materials – Natural and non-toxic materials and no fire retardants – no VOC’s polluting indoor air quality.
- Adjustable Comfort – Double sided mattress – if you don’t like the firmer side flip it for a softer feel.
- Zoned Support – patented 5-Zone system for pressure free support and proper spinal alignment.
- Sleeps Cool – The open cell pin hole latex structure allows air to circulate through the mattress – distributing body heat for a cooler sleeping surface.
- Adjustable base friendly – Flexibility latex makes it ideal for adjustable base bed frames. (ZenHaven also sell the Lineal Adjustable Base)
- Tough – 100% natural latex is resilient and durable which is why this mattress comes with a 20 yr warranty.
- Free Delivery & 120 night trial – Free white glove delivery and removal of your old mattress. Try for 120 days and return it for a full refund.
- Price – Made in the USA from the best high quality materials means this mattress is not the cheapest – buy it if you want a mattress for the longer term. With this said a Queen still comes in at under $2000. Compared to other all latex luxury mattresses it’s a very competitive price.
- Weight – 100% natural latex is a heavy compared to other mattresses. It makes moving it a little more annoying but by no means an impossible task. (good thing it comes with white glove delivery)
Aside from organic and 100% natural materials the real point of difference here is the double sided construction. The biggest factor with buying a mattress online has to be that you can’t test it out first – having a 2 in 1 option may offer peace of mind.